Check out Kiwi’s blog for great stories, poems, photographs and journal entries (talk about multitalented).
The Award Guidelines are as follows:
1.Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
2.List the rules and display the award.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated
5.Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Ok here goes for the facts:
- I am 26 years of age – which in Nigerian speak means I am nearing my sell by date. So I constantly have to bear conversations about marriage, choosing the right spouse, not going back to my ex etc
- I love Indomie – It’s more of an addiction really. Indomie is Nigeria’s most loved packet of noodles. I could eat it everyday, despite the fact that I knooooow there are no nutritional benefits.
- I have had approximately four near drowning experiences – This has led me to the unwavering belief that drowning is the way I’m destined to go (hmmm…I think I just got an idea for a story). Oh and I still love swimming, I’m just not very good at it.
- I’m addicted to techy stuff – I have two laptops (though one is dying); two phones (that I use often); one mini ipad; one surface tablet (that I haven’t really taken advantage of in a while); I think that’s it. I think I got this addiction from my dad.
- I’m old school - Even with the invention of the kindle and the ipad; I still insist on filling my room with paperback books. I mean really, I love actually flipping the pages and the smell of a new book is…near orgasmic.
- My eyes give me away – Apparently my eyes dart all over the place when I am about to do something mischievous and they look away when I’m shy. Etc
- I’m the female Peter Pan – I’m never ever ever ever ever growing up. No-one has convinced me growing up is ANY fun.
I will be nominating the following blogs:
- Storiform.com – This blog reminds me a little of mine, so perhaps that’s why I had to choose it 😉
- Sue-blake.com – Blake is another writer with an arresting voice and a unique mind. I enjoy seeing her interpretation of prompts etc
- Tipsylit.com – This blog is great, witty and I enjoy taking part in their flash fiction prompts. Definitely worth a visit.
- Adebolarayo.com – Rayo, who is my kindred spirit, has an old soul and a great voice. Her posts hit the spot.
- Namelessfaculty.wordpress.com – Obii is a worthy poet – so if you’re into poetry, check her out.
- Ofilispeaks.com – This blog is funny, insightful, witty and covers a wide range of subjects.
- Giorgethomas.com – I’m following her series ‘The Doctor and the Door’ (Cool title)
- Naijastories.com – Naijastories has inspired me and I am pretty sure a huge percentage of the Nigerian writing community to keep at it! Not sure if I can nominate this one though, cuz its not a personal blog…
- Erickaclay.com – Ericka is the founder of TipsyLit and her novel will be out any minute now; so watch that space!
- Ihundasmusings.com – This blog has lots of interesting short stories, read and enjoy.
- Sarawriter.wordpress.com – Love the tagline ‘You will know my name’; Sara is a lover of fantasy (like me!) and her writing a great reflection of a creative mind.
- Livingonborroweddays.com – I love the title of this blog and the layout is pretty tight. I also love the story she created as a result of the tipsy lit prompt.
- Lotenna.wordpress.com - This blog keeps me humble. It is a blog that concerns itself with humanitarian issues. Check it out.
- Pauljennynyc.wordpress.com – I just came across this blog, but I like it so far so I’m nominating it too.
- Howanxious.wordpress.com – Another just discovered blog, but I like the poetry I’m seeing.